Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Gobble Up Catch-Up

It's been a while since I've posted, mostly due to trying to limit my internet time to maintaining Crimespace. But there's something almost hypnotic and PacMan-like in gobbling up the bullets in a list, so I thought I'd give you people some little pills of Hatadi-tidbits to pop into your mouth.

Why? Because pills are good. Both my doctor and dealer agree.

What Hatadi Done Done Lately:

  • Successfully quit caffeine. Okay, I had a bottle of Coke on the weekend, but I've been good otherwise, and the moods swings are finally on their way out the door.
  • Polished off an entry for the Debut Daggers. I wasn't going to, but when I found out how many people I knew were entering I had to jump in on the insanity. It's possibly the strongest entry I've sent them so far, but I'm sure the competition will blow me away. That doesn't matter, though. There's nothing like a deadline--and money on the line--to kick your own arse into gear.
  • Polished off another short and sent it off. There's every chance it could be about the world's first homeless vampire. Failing that, there's at least 3 out of 14 chances.
  • Crimespace membership's just shy of 600 now. I'm equal parts excited and afraid. But I think that's a good way to live.
  • Went around my whole house and put up my meagre collection of books on LibraryThing. I love the function they have for looking at all your books on one page. I may just try my hand at making a collage like this guy did. I've also added a random display of covers in the sidebar. Why? Because I'm geeky, and the Geek shall inherit the Earth.
  • Watched A LOT of Battlestar Galactica. Almost two seasons worth. It's quickly become one of my favourite TV shows of all time. Until the next one hits anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Argh. Battlestar Galactica--my favorite show. I've missed this entire last season. Was too busy at work and life just got in the way. Having fracking withdrawals.

Anonymous said...

Oh God, another Battlestar Galactica freak. My husband isn't allowed to watch it on the television anymore, he has to use his laptop.

I really want to say that dude who used his book covers to make a mosiac really is a geek, but I so want to try that. Excuse me, I have something to do.