Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To ...

"... a waitress slapped the back of my hand."

I'm rewriting a very early scene in the novel. The characters are clearer to me now that I've spent so much time with them, so I need to make sure the first half of the novel rings true for each of them.

The words above are the ones I meant to type, but after re-reading the last page or two, they came out a bit different in the word processor:

"... a waitress slapped the back of my mind."

I would love to see that happen, out in the real world, or better still, I'd like to feel it myself.

Would it hurt? Would my thoughts become all messed up? Would I forget my PIN number? Or worse, would I accidentally transfer all of my money to someone else?

*shrug*

3 comments:

John Rickards said...

Psychic waitresses are bad, but violent ones are the worst. Sure, it starts with a slap, but soon it's a clenched fist, and then another, and then the red mist comes down and she's pummelling the back of your cerebellum into a bloody pulp while screaming that this is all your fault and she's only doing it for your own good.

Daniel Hatadi said...

Yeah, but the food's so good, it's not worth risking a complaint.

Margaret said...

My account number is 555....