Saturday, October 14, 2006

Twanging In The Gutters



Thanks to Tribe, the snazziest suit-wearer in the crime fiction world, we can now enjoy the fruits of his latest project: Twanging In The Gutters.

For the last two weeks of October, Flashing In The Gutters will only be publishing stories that have something to do with a country song. With authors like Lori G. Armstrong, Patrick Shawn Bagley, Patricia Abbott, Stephen Blackmoore, Margaret B. Davidson, and myself, you're sure to be in for a helluva party.

So grab a big old bottle of corn liquor, take your laptop out on the porch and suck down a gallon of all them tasty words.

My story, JESSE'S LUCKY KNIFE, is based on the song called The Dying Crapshooter's Blues by Blind Willie McTell (as pictured above). It's more of a country blues song than plain country, but hell, life is chaos out on the range.

Hope y'all enjoy it now, cuss n' tarnation dang nab it.

2 comments:

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

Hey, Daniel. Like I said at Flashing, "Jesse's Lucky Knife" is great. If you ever get a chance, check out TC Boyle's short story "Stones in My Passway, Hellhounds on My Trail." It imagines Robert Johnson's final hours. It appears in a couple of his collections, and I think you'd like it.

Daniel Hatadi said...

Thanks muchly, Patrick. I'll definitely have to track that story down, as I've always had a special affinity with Robert Johnson: we have the same birthday.