Friday, April 14, 2006

The Next Chapter

It's been a while since I've blogged while drunk, and considering tonight's consumption of vodka with lemonade, vodka with Red Bull, and vodka with vodka, I think it's time I did it again.

Drinking a multi-vegetable, multi-fruit juice in a concerted attempt to sober up so I can sleep, it's time to reflect on the evening that was my going-away party.

First up, the exploration of the meaning behind my gifts.

Exhibit One is, to be on the safe side, currently un-nameable due to marketing restrictions, but I can say with all certainty that it is a nightmare personified in fabric. The last major poker machine game I worked on, the one that made me go through many hours of unpaid overtime (one of the joys of being on a salary), has been immortalised in the form of a matching blue-and-yellow cap and t-shirt. My plan is to wait for a full moon; pick a nice, dark, hilltop and burn them.

Exhibit Two is a copy of Robert G. Barrett's Leaving Bondi, with a 'doctored' cover.



Highlights of the evening include:

  • Buying dinner and two drinks. The rest was all a gift, although my liver may not agree.
  • Watching my boss try to sell a determined couple on the idea of a baby.
  • Having someone laugh up a puddle of Irish Car Bomb (a cocktail involving a depth charge in Guinness), onto my new book.
  • Listening to all the drunken truths that came out. It's amazing what people will tell you once you are leaving.
  • Being told that I'll be missed, by a number of people. Makes for a bittersweet end to it all.
  • Hearing someone referred to as 'Mr. Blindo.'
  • Coming home to a box full of yummy, all natural lollies.
  • Having the evening end without falling asleep in the garden. It appears I have grown up after all.
Goodnight to IGT, and good luck.

It's been great working with all of you.

And once the family obligations of Easter are over, the next chapter truly begins.

Yes!

5 comments:

Mindy Tarquini said...

Mazoltov! And...I have a question...

How come everytime I come here, you're profile picture is different?

Daniel Hatadi said...

Hey Sandra, I'm only a Doctor of Street Cred, which is fine if the boyz in tha hood is giving you trouble, but not so good in a medicinal sense.

M. G., I have it set up to display a random image from a folder of images. Same goes for the background. It's all very sneaky computery stuff (actually it's pretty easy).

Mary said...

And so it begins...

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Nothing like a good drunken stupor to get the ball rolling. Congratulations on taking the next step. You're a braver man than I.

And M.G., don't let him fool you, those are actually a random sampling of his noted disguises in his role as an International Man of Mystery. Though how he fits into that little boy suit, I have no idea. I hear it involves trusses.

Mindy Tarquini said...

Does he ever dress up as an International Woman of Mystery?