Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Too Much Blogging?

Oh, man. This is bad.

But first:

I'm happy to say I've made it past the half way mark of the second draft. It's unclear whether it's still half way or not, but the point is that I got to the section where things are picking up. Danny Hawaii's being more active, doing things rather than letting them happen. The pace picks up and that means more fun. Cause that's what I'm really about. Fun.

Also, the second half of the novel was written after I'd learnt a whole lot about writing and it shows. So I'm glad I'm through that. The rest of the novel should be much more of a joy to work with.

Now back to the bad. It's short, but worrying.

I was typing the word 'blob'. That was my plan. It didn't come out as I expected, though.

Can you guess what I typed instead?

1 comment:

PJ Parrish said...

David,
Congrats on making it THIS far. I always struggle -- mightily -- with the first half of the book. I used to think I was all alone in this affliction. But then I read a Mike Connelly interview where he said for him, writing each book is like climbing a mountain. It's a gigantic struggle until he reaches about halfway then it is like he is able to coast downhill.