Saturday, February 18, 2006

Taurus The Bull

My star sign, and even though I don't believe in horoscopes one eensy-weensy bit, the sign I most identify with.

Stubbornness, patience, practicality, creativity. The Bull, full of ... bull.

I got this tattoo done about five months ago, so it's nice and settled now, part of the landscape of the forest on my arms.

Instead of showing a plain old picture of my tattoo as it is, here's a picture of the image left behind on the bandage I wore while the tatt healed.


Geez, us crime writer types, always making unnecessary references to blood.

9 comments:

Stephen Blackmoore said...

There's such a thing as an unnecessary reference to blood?

James Lincoln Warren said...

You sick bastard.

jamie ford said...

Geez, you could sell that thing as modern art, or at least make a few bucks on ebay.

A friend of mine just got a vasectomy today. That's the first thing that jumped into my mind when I saw that bandage...

(shudders)

Mary said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Sandra Ruttan said...

I'm not telling you what I thought it was a picture of at first.

Us crime writers...sick minds!

Jim Winter said...

Who says we're stubborn, practical, and creative.

Besides my wife, I mean?

And my mother. She used to hammer that stubborn part all the time.

Daniel Hatadi said...

The reactions here have covered most of the expected range, but has anyone asked me if it hurt?

There's a great opportunity here for teary-eyed, slow-zoom-Oprah-style, make-the-women-cry responses.

At least from me anyway.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

What, you're looking for sympathy? From this crowd?

Daniel Hatadi said...

Sympathy? No, me big male. Just looking for a cheap laugh.