Sunday, February 05, 2006

To Be Read

On Saturday I went to a day long seminar called Demystifying Book Publishing which was a helluva lot of fun, and as far as I can tell, the best introduction to the publishing industry in Australia.

I plan to write about this in the next couple of days, but it will take a team of highly trained linguists to decipher the words in my notebook.

Until then, I give you my current TBR pile, in no particular order:

  • Lee Child: Killing Floor
  • Peter Corris: The Dying Trade
  • Mark Billingham: Lazybones
  • Peter Doyle: The Devil's Jump
  • Robert Gott: A Thing Of Blood
  • Jake Arnott: The Long Firm
  • Steve Martin: Picasso at the Lapin Agile and Other Plays
  • Jim Thompson: The Killer Inside Me
  • Michael Robotham: The Suspect
  • Arnaldur Indridason: Jar City
  • Marele Day: The Life And Crimes Of Harry Lavender
  • Stuart Kaminsky: Behind The Mystery
  • Pulp: Toni Johnson-Woods
  • The Classic Era Of Crime Fiction: Peter Haining
  • Richard Aleas: Little Girl Lost
  • Gary Provost: Making Your Words Work
  • Dwight Swain: Techniques of the Selling Writer
  • Sybil Steinberg: Writers And Their Craft--Volume II
  • Michael Michalko: Cracking Creativity
  • Shunryu Suzuki: Branching Streams Flow In The Darkness
All this doesn't count the thirty or so titles I keep on my Amazon Wishlist, or the twenty more I have hidden away in a spreadsheet under the same title as this post.

Should I just give up and kill myself now? Or will Mary do it for me the next time she sees me buy another book?

2 comments:

Daniel Hatadi said...

Alright, my head just exploded from the pressure.

I still have to finish THE HOT KID, and after that one more by Marele Day (I want to see if she's any good, and then I'll enrol in her crime fiction workshop), and then ... I'll read it.

Promise.

Mary said...

You writer types man and I thought I was really into reading!